Please check with Vietnamese Diplomatic Missions in your country at http://www.vnembassy.net if an entry visa is required for your passport.
The following categories of people qualify for visa waiver policy:
- Passengers who are allowed entry into Vietnam have a stay duration of
15 days from the entry date (including the entry date and the next 14
days of stay) and are nationals of following countries:
- Republic of Belarus
- Federal Republic of Germany
- Italian Republic
- French Republic
- Kingdom of Denmark
- Republic of Korea
- Russian Federation
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
- Kingdom of Norway
- Kingdom of Spain
The visa waiver policy applies for this category of passengers from March 15, 2022 to March 14, 2025.
- Visitors from most other ASEAN countries do not require a visa for up to 30 days. The waiver was for 21 days for visitors from the Philippines and 14 days for those from Brunei and Myanmar.
- Foreign passengers who are exempt from visas in accordance with international treaties which Vietnam signed or on the basis of visa reciprocity.
In case a visa is required, you can select one of the following ways to apply for the visa:
- Apply for E-visa. For more information, you can visit the E-visa page by Vietnam Immigration Departement.
- Contact a Vietnamese Diplomatic Mission in your country directly and apply for a visa.
- Scan your passport and send it together with your desired landing airport to the conference local chair, Mr. BUI Duy Hieu (email: hieubd [at] vnu.edu.vn). The conference local chair will request the conference travel agent partner to apply for a visa for you. When the application is approved (normally after 3-5 business days), the chair will inform you of the application number. You do not need to go the Vietnamese Diplomatic Mission, but can use the application number to get the visa stamped at the airport. You will need to pay a fee of 35 USD (10 USD for the service fee and 25 USD for the visa application fee for one-month stay). The visa application fee may vary depending on the length of your stay.
In case of urgency, please contact our local chair and/or conference secretariat.
If you need an invitation letter, please send your request to our local chair, Mr. BUI Duy Hieu (email: hieubd [at] vnu.edu.vn) or our conference secretariat, Mr. NGUYEN Duy Anh (email: danguyen [at] vnu.edu.vn).